January 21, 2013

St. Martha


I'm not sure if this is depicting St. Martha, but I found this pleasant scene in the courtyard of St. Martha Catholic Church in downtown Sarasota.  It's located on a fairly busy intersection, but you wouldn't know that.   As soon as you step into the courtyard, it's incredibly peaceful. I was there during evening rush hour and hardly heard anything outside. It was so nice and tranquil, I wish there had been more time to enjoy it.  That, of course, means I'll have to make a point to return.  (It only took me a few years to get here with my camera in the first place.)

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Very saintly indeed.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It does look tranquil SRQ, I recognize all the plants in that little garden.. some things don't change whichever side of the world you're on!

Birdman said...

I'd imagine so.

Kay said...

It's always a pleasant surprise when you can unexpectedly leave the city behind.

TheChieftess said...

Lovely! Thanks for visiting and commenting on MammothLakesDP!!!

Leslie D. said...

Love that places like this exist - little oasis for mind and spirit

Kate said...

Yes, it looks like a pleasana place to visit. The stautes are startingly clean; apparently they have not suffered by the elements or someone is vigilant about their appearance.