January 27, 2011

Winter Deluge

Not only did we have a deluge during evening rush hour earlier this week, there were tornado watches in 11 counties in the region simultaneously.  That hasn't happened here in at least 20+ years, at least according to a local TV meteorologist.  No tornadoes in Sarasota....just a lot of rain and high winds.  It's soggy nights like this that I'm happy I have an attached garage (where I actually park).  Definitely not Chamber of Commerce weather for the Sunshine State.  That being said, we always need rain here.

In other news... Since launching SDP last May, the entire staff has adhered to a strict rule of publishing only photos taken in Sarasota.  Period.  Recently, though, there has been discussion here at the office about the possibility of broadening the field of photographic opportunities.   So, what do you think?  We have a reader poll going for the next week.  Cast your vote on the right side of the blog! 

8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Just voted. I try to keep it to Versailles... That's what the blog is called...

Deluge eh? You always do things big in America! :-)

Ernie said...

I voted, but I'm not going to tell you what I voted for. ;)

Jim Klenke said...

Ill take the rain, but only at night and not on baseball days, dont make it a cold rain, and no wind. See I can compromise.

Kathy said...

Nighttime rain makes for good sleeping!

Lois said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kathy! I love my attached garage too. No more scraping frost off the wind shield for me!

Clueless in Boston said...

Great picture! I really like it a lot. I voted too. I've posted pictures from other states, why not, but then again, I'm clueless.

Jack said...

The wind and rain were blowing sideways, I hear. I voted for "sure," post some others if you want, but I would suggest that the focus continue to be your area. On my own blog, I interpret "Hartford" to mean central Connecticut and places within an easy drive . . . heck, CT is probably smaller than some Florida counties. But, I sneak in photos from elsewhere occasionally. When I am elsewhere, that autoposting feature works pretty well . . .

Unknown said...

For my first year at Scituate Daily Photo, I adhered to a strict 'only in Scituate' rule. Now that I'm in year two, I may stretch the boundaries a bit - for example, Norwell, the next town over, was originally part of Scituate. ;-) Seriously, though, I do intend to try to keep it either within town limits or somehow related/connected to town.