January 6, 2011

Parking Lot Exercise

Driving through Sarasota earlier this week, I was a bit surprised to see a group of people lined up in a parking lot with their arms outstretched.  It was enough for me to turn around and investigate.  Turns out it was a tai chi class for the East-West College of Natural Medicine, which I didn't know existed in Sarasota.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to talk with the instructor.  But, I love how the eyes of two students (woman in pink and the woman in maroon skirt) are locked on the instructor who is out of frame.

4 comments:

Ernie said...

Have you seen them doing this on the beach? It's pretty cool to watch, especially if it's an advanced class.

Jack said...

I'm not a group exerciser (prefer to go to the fitness center on my own), but I enjoy seeing people do it. This photo is a fun one.

Dr. Moxie Awesome said...

I need to look up this class. I've been wanting to learn tai chi for years.

Jim Klenke said...

Is tai chi like yoga? I cant do yoga, I tip over when trying to balance, prolly cant o tai chi.