January 6, 2012

Frost & Fog

SDP 1-6-12
For those who think it doesn't get cold in Florida, I offer this photo.   I was on my way to work yesterday morning when I noticed this blanket of frost on the ground and steam fog rising from the pond.  Temperature:  a chilly 34 degrees.  It's not every winter day you see this sort of thing in Florida, so I couldn't resist pulling over for a quick pic (even though it meant parting from my toasty seat warmer).  Fortunately, I had a camera on hand since I recently decided to store an old point-and-shoot in my car for unexpected photo opps like this one. Also, luckily, this cold front blew in after my friend from Michigan left, otherwise I suspect he'd be requesting a refund from the Chamber of Commerce.

5 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Thats not suppose to happen in FLA, but it at least have you a nice photo.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Isn't Florida the state that people retire to because the weather is so beautiful and it never gets cold?? I must say I love this image, I can almost feel the crisp cold air. We are the same here SRQ very rarely we will get a frost like this.

Lowell said...

34 degrees sounds toasty to us! We were down to 21 the other night. But things are finally back to normal - lows in the high 40s and highs in the 70s!

Great photo! Sometimes these serendipitous shots are the best! And I love fog/mist!

Unknown said...

Yes, very lovely and a sight not always available!

Lois said...

We got down to 18 here in Tallahassee! It's warm again now and supposed to be 70 degrees today.