April 25, 2018

Howdy, Neighbor!

Bald Eagle 

Last week, while taking an evening stroll in the neighborhood, a bald eagle buzzed right by me! Seriously.  It was probably 25-30 yards away and just 25 feet in the air.  No mistaking it.  A short while later, I spotted it sitting in a tall pine tree, which I strongly suspected was its nest. So, this past Monday, I ventured out on my evening walk toting my camera, long lens and tripod.  I didn't have to wait long at the nest before I heard a familiar swoosh/thwump -- and voila! -- the eagle has landed!  So exciting! Once the summer rains start, the leaves probably will fill in enough to hide the nest, so I have to enjoy this awesome slice of nature while I can.  And, as far as I can tell, no one else has found it...which explains why, as Editor in Chief, I've issued an order for the entire SDP staff to keep mum.  Ssshh!

7 comments:

Lowell said...

So glad you found a tripod and were able to get this shot...which is perfect...the light hits the nest and the head of Mr. Eagle at just the right angle. And not to worry, I've already tried to bribe one of your staff to tell me the nest's location and that person didn't budge. Lady Godiva chocolates usually work, but not this time!

Nancy J said...

Just the right time, and super setting to show off , saying " Here I am"!!

Andy said...

Hush, hush. Charming secret. ~(‾▿‾)~

William Kendall said...

A formidable bird.

Bill said...

Wonderful shot, and what a great secret to have.

Kay said...

Great shot! Enjoy that view while it lasts. (Hey...am I perhaps considered SDP staff??)

Lorraine said...

Wow!