November 25, 2013

Secret Life of Deer and Cranes


"Um…Should we be this close?!"

Sometimes seeing what really goes on in nature makes me laugh.  I spotted this deer and sandhill crane at Myakka State Park yesterday and they didn't acknowledge each other at all.  The crane seemed to be looking at his flock to the right…and the deer was sauntering by, trying to meet up with a friend in the distance, without upsetting the crane.  Silly animals!

It's been awhile since we've posted and I'm pleased to report we're back up and running (for the most part).  Hip-hip-hooray!  It took some effort, but the Apple Geniuses recovered my photo and movie files and restored them on my new computer with approximately 90% success.  (Some files are out of order, but they all seem to be there.)  I've figured out the basics of Lightroom 5, so I can import and export with few issues.   And, all my files are backed up (although, I still want to establish another back up system.)  All in all:  SDP seems to be back in business!  Having lived with this photo file fiasco for the past seven months, I can't tell you how good it feels to have control of my photos once again.  I now feel ready to get back out there and start adding to my photo library.  Life is good!   I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone in the blogosphere.  Hope everyone has been doing well.

8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Glad to see you're back, and with a wonderful photo!

Lorraine said...

So glad to see you're back. Yay for the Apple geniuses!
Here in Alabama there are cows in the farm fields and I see all these white cranes standing around them. It's really funny. I asked a local what they're doing and I was told they stand near the cows to catch the bugs that fly around them. Whatever works I guess!

Nancy J said...

lovely photo, and it proves so wrong the saying " Birds of a feather". Grand news that all is safe again, thanks the Apple Good Guys!!! Greetings from Jean

LONDONLULU said...

Welcome back and love the nature capture! Nothing like sorting out pesky tech issues..

LOLfromPasa said...

What a delightful surprise seeing you back...brilliant. Love the shot...hard to imagine these two so close.

Kathy said...

Glad you're back.

Kay said...

Phew! Glad you survived all that. It prompted me to improve my backup system..two new external 1 & 1.5 TB drives.

Your photo reminds me of walking our female Labrador one evening in a parking lot in Death Valley as a coyote trotted across the lot in front of us. She froze stock still. We could almost hear her thinking, "What the heck kind of dog is THAT?"

Jack said...

Hey, look at you! You're back. Like Kay, your woes prompted me to do a better job of backing up, but I am using only one external drive . . . maybe her system of using two makes sense. Off to Staples tomorrow!