October 14, 2012

Caloosahatchee Sunset

SDP  10-14-12
This is the sun going down Friday night over the Caloosahatchee River in Ft. Myers, about 80 minutes south of Sarasota.  Believe it or not, just seconds before I snapped this pic (when I was racing with my camera bag to the river bank), the sun was a large flaming reddish-orange sphere just above the bridge.  Amazing how quickly it dropped!  That bridge, by the way, is the Midpoint Memorial Bridge.  It connects Ft. Myers to Cape Coral and supposedly is midway between two other bridges on the river.  I ran a 5K over this bridge one Memorial Day.  At the time,  I questioned my sanity as I struggled to survive the heat and the bridge's incline.   The view from the top was great, though, and ultimately the run turned into a nice memory of an accomplishment.  Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's crazy how fast you have to be to catch just the right sunset moment down here! Although, I love all the moments and this is one of my favorites, where it is almost gone!

Birdman said...

Love that name. Names bring such wonderful stories with them.

Lowell said...

I've driven that bridge a number of times...but what a gorgeous shot. Didn't know you were a runner. Lois Anne did the 7-mile bridge run down in the Keys a few years ago.

Michelle said...

A beautiful view!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well done SRQ..on the photo AND the run. It always takes me by surprise also how fast the sun disappears once it reaches a certain point, have juuuuuuust missed it a few times haha!