April 6, 2012

Cruisin'

SDP  4-6-12
I caught Eddie cruising by as the sea fog was rolling into Sarasota early one morning. He's so majestic. Isn't he beautiful?  In other eagle news, I discovered a live eagle cam in Iowa which is showing a pair of nesting eagles with three babies.  It's  rather special because eagles usually have just one or two eaglets.  The video resolution is awesome, plus there's terrific sound.  The other evening I watched for about 30 minutes and saw one eagle swoop into the nest with a fish and the apparent mama feed the little ones ever so gently.  It's very cool.   Check it out here.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad to know the Iowa cam is back on duty this year. Millions watched several baby eaglets join the world last spring.

Lowell said...

I clicked the link! That live cam does a great job...and the mama was feeding just now. Love this shot of Eddie...you must have bumped up the shutter speed 'cause it's so nice and sharp!

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, that is a fine shot, I'd be so pleased if I had taken that! Wow!

Michelle said...

WOW! Great profile!

Birdman said...

Love taking a look at those nests.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I've been looking forward to seeing how Eddie and family are doing, great shot of him zooming by! It's midnight here in Perth so I will definitely come back in the morning and check out the video, it sounds awesome.

Unknown said...

Nice!!!

Roger Real said...

Awesome!