November 7, 2011

Chalk Festival '11

image_1
The 4th annual Chalk Festival was held in Burns Square this weekend. I went yesterday afternoon and all I can say is 'WOW!'  The word is out that this is a terrific event. The number of visitors skyrocketed from last year, which is more or less what the organizer said when I bumped into her and she said the Chalk Festival has gone viral. Renowned chalk artists from around the world were here for the event, and many locals participated too....including this guy who I believe is from Sarasota. He happened to be "applying lipstick" on Pineapple Ave. when I saw him. Between that and the amazing faces he created, how could I not select this to be my first post from Chalk Festival '11?  When I have time later this week, I'll post more. Very cool!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cool, indeed. I'm glad that we're going to be seeing more.

cieldequimper said...

Wow is the word. This always amazes me.

Lorraine said...

One day I'm going to see that festival in person. That truly is amazing!

Jim Klenke said...

I guess my chalk skills would be lame. Close call for MSU Saturday, but a win is a win.

Jocie Z ROCK said...

Mind blowing when you see what they can do, and I find it hard to imagine that the rain will just wash it away- imagine doing art to then throw away! Great post!

Lowell said...

I first saw these chalk drawings a couple of years ago. I was absolutely amazed and remain so.

Jack said...

Wow! Nice chalk drawing and nice photograph. I saw a couple of chalk artists when I was in Florence last year, but I have never seen a whole festival devoted to this art form.

Michelle said...

This is very cool and the face is so life-like. I cannot wait to see more pictures from this festival.