April 1, 2016

Theme Day: Beauty of Simplicity

It's theme day in the City Daily Photo blogosphere.  And, this month's theme is 'The Beauty of Simplicity'.  When I took this photo at Whitaker Gateway Park near downtown Sarasota, I knew it would be my theme day submission.  A lone person sitting on a swing watching the sun sink over Sarasota Bay -- simplicity at its best!  The intent of this theme day may have been to challenge photographers to simplify their composition and zero in on one subject.  That being said, I like this interpretation.  : )  To see other interpretations of theme day click here.  Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Kay said...

Nice! Another stunning sunset, with a nice silhouette as witness.

Kate said...

If I could, I would love to join the spectator of the gorgeous aubade--a morning song to nature and watch as it unfolds.

Small City Scenes said...

wonderful shot. Nothing like contemplation with a sunset.
MB

Uppal said...

Your pic has admirable softness and tranquility.

William Kendall said...

A splendid view!

Karl said...

A beautiful and calm picture, lovely interpretation of the theme !

LOLfromPasa said...

I could happily sit on that bench. Beautiful view.

Brian King said...

This is gorgeous!

Lois said...

What a gorgeous shot!

Jack said...

Ah, sigh.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

I like a lot your composition.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I think that a sunset is soothing, simple, and this one is absolutely beautiful. I like the way you captured the silhouette on the swing.

Merisi said...

Hard to imagine a better setting for a sunset swing session!