September 13, 2015

Oh, Deer…Still Flooded

SDP 9-14-15 
It's been a long, hot and busy summer!  We've had an usually wet summer here and some rural areas are still flooded.  When I visited Myakka River State Park yesterday, the road winding through the park was completely open and passable for the first time in several weeks.  The wooded areas throughout the park, though, are still under water.  So, park residents, like this deer, seemed very happy to venture out of the soggy conditions and enjoy a nice meal on dry ground.  In fact, this deer was so focused on munching on dry grass, it didn't mind me standing just 20-25 yards away.  Cooler temperatures are right around the corner here and I hope I'll be able to get out and about with my camera a bit more.  Hope everyone in the CDP blogosphere is doing well!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you and this is a great photo!

Lowell said...

Your weather is our weather. I can't recall this much rain in the 11 years we've lived in central Florida. Cute photo of the deer!

William Kendall said...

Nice to see you again. Beautiful shot!

Brian King said...

Great shot!

Kathy said...

Hope you're back on a more regular basis!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hey SRQ, good to hear that alls well, albeit a bit wet :), in your world. I like your sweet little friend here, not something I'm ever going to meet in the Australian bush :)

Lorraine said...

Good to see you posting again. Beautiful deer!

Kathy said...

We have a pond, several branches, and a river on our property. With the drought we've had again here in Texas after an extremely wet winter and spring, I see deer almost every day. Yesterday morning six stood about 25 yards from me while I drove down the driveway and then took off into the woods. I love their grace and will not look forward to hearing gunshots when hunting season opens soon.