October 1, 2010

Theme Day: Graffiti

I'm pleased to report I had to search and search to find a photo opp. for today's theme.  The only tags you'll find nowadays are on metal utility boxes, like this one, because apparently it takes longer to remove them.  Since graffiti is known to encourage gang activity, the city initiated a community  program years ago whereby businesses donate paint and volunteers paint over the graffiti as soon as it's  reported.   That's a little tougher when the tag is on metal.  Lots of folks in the City Daily Photo world are participating in today's theme day.  Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

6 comments:

gogouci said...

I too have had to search, quite unsuccessfully for graffiti. I think I might have to take the long way home from work tomorrow and pass by the rail yard. Have a great weekend.

Halcyon said...

I think today's theme was difficult for those of us who live in "smaller" cities. Glad you found something! I pulled mine from the vaults.

B SQUARED said...

I couldn't find any examples where I'm at. And that's a good thing.

Lois said...

I had a hard time finding something for this Theme Day too. At least they used a nice color for this one--purple!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Let's hope graffiti's days are numbered!

Joy said...

Well, I suppose they prefer expressing themselves on metal instead of Twitter or Facebook :)

Many thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again tomorrow!