October 9, 2010

Guthrie

When I attended the Sarasota 5000 rowing regatta last weekend, I encountered this handsome guy  named Guthrie.  At first glance, I didn't notice that he's missing a front leg.  Guthrie's owner, a friendly young man, told me he just adopted Guthrie.  He was hit by a car two months ago, as luck would have it, in front of a vet clinic.  Although Guthrie was getting around well, my heart pinged for him...and then I saw him hop over a guardrail with the agility of a four legged hound.  Way to go, Guthrie!  Here's to a long, healthy, pampered life.

5 comments:

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Cute dog. It's amazing how resilient animals can be with the right TLC.

Nice shot.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Anonymous said...

Three legged pets do very well with their so called handicap! Great shot and post.

cieldequimper said...

I'm sure he'll do well. Adopting a pet like that means you'll care for it. I hope.

biebkriebels said...

That's lovely to see the dog is going so well and that he's got a good home with people care for him.

Leslie D. said...

Williamsburg said it: dogs are amazingly resilient creatures.