June 6, 2010

Trying to Reason

One of my favorite Jimmy Buffett songs is "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season".  Yep, it's that time of year again.  Hurricane season started June 1st and runs through November.  When a storm is approaching one of the most highly sought after items is....drinking water.  Grocery store shelves are stocked now, but when a storm is bearing down, who knows?!  I have my hurricane kit ready and it includes enough water to last 5-7 days.  Let's pray for a quiet season, especially with the oil in the Gulf.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Amen on that one! I don't like what I'm hearing from the so-called hurricane predictors though.

T. Becque said...

That is just something we never have to worry about here! I wish you luck this season, and yes, especially with the oil!

B SQUARED said...

Just sold my house in the Keys. So I can only get wiped out once this year.