June 10, 2010

Rosemary Court

I used to pick up organic veggies here.  And, every time I stepped foot on those red bricks and walked through that rusty wrought iron fence I thought, "I need to bring my camera here."  Well, at last I did! This is Rosemary Court within the Rosemary District in Sarasota.  It's a somewhat up and coming area with an eclectic mix of boutiques, shops and houses.  This area is also where Overtown, the first all-black residential area in Sarasota, was developed in 1886.

8 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

it looks neat from the gates.

B SQUARED said...

More shots, please!

gogouci said...

Ooh, very mysterious photo. Anxious to see what there is to see through the open gate.

Unknown said...

As a child my father used to take me to get my haircut in the Rosemary district and Clarence Carter appearing to sing his hit "stroking" at the club where a police substation now sits.

Birdman said...

I like this composition. I bet you had plenty to shoot in here.

SRQ said...

Interesting tidbit, Lark. The sunlight was working against me the day I was shooting there. But, I shall return! Stay tuned.

T. Becque said...

Pretty! Yes, you must go in and show us more!

Lois said...

It reminds me of a secret garden! Very pretty.