June 22, 2010

Speed Racer

This young man zoomed right by me in a blur at the BMX track in Sarasota.  So, I was thrilled to discover that, as luck would have it, I captured him --- in frame and in focus.  He and lots of other boys (and one or two girls) were zipping around the practice course in the heat of the early evening.  I'm never sure when they're going to be on the course, so when I'm driving in the vicinity I just look for bicycles flying through the air.  I can't wait to make it out there for an actual race.

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

these would be fun to photograph. The horse track here in the Dallas area has a skateboard park next door. I was hoping to get some shots Sunday when we went out to the track. But since I guess it was over 100 there was nobody out there. I love the action shots.

B SQUARED said...

We have something in Ft L that is starting to catch on;bike polo. I plan on checking it out in the fall.

James Mark said...

Perfectly caught indeed!

Lowell said...

Super portrait...captured perfectly!

gogouci said...

Great shot. He's looking very focused and determined. Did he win?

T. Becque said...

Nice composition and capture of his expression!