March 16, 2012

What....in the...World...??

SDP 3-16-12
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had a remarkable wildlife encounter -- right in the city limits. What made it especially awesome is that it was so unexpected. I had just walked up and was standing under a cell tower observing what I thought was the only bald eagle in the area, when an oversized dark blob moving low in the sky caught my eye. 'What in the world..?" I thought, peering through my long lens. Another bald eagle! And this one was clutching a prize so large it appeared to be somewhat exerting itself to remain aloft. There's more to unfold with this amazing story. But, I shall leave it here for now. Gosh, I love the bald eagles!

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

OMG he's got the whole rat trap... :-)

Kathy said...

Amazing photo!

Lorraine said...

Amazing! I can't wait to know more of the story. SRQ, any neck problems from looking upward so much? :)

Lorraine said...

Hey Kathy and I posted at the exact same time! Another insomniac perhaps?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Blimey, what on earth has he got there? They really are magnificent creatures aren't they, what a wing span they have.

Jim Klenke said...

what a great picture, those talons (is that what they are?) must be strong as heck.

Lowell said...

A wonderful capture! I'm really curious as to what he's got in his talons.

Yesterday, on the first tee of our golf course, I was about to hit my shot when a bald eagle flew right over our heads. Unfortunately, my camera was in the golf cart! Sure are beautiful critters!