March 21, 2012

St. Patty's at the Ballpark

SDP 3-21-12
Since St. Patrick's Day arrives during spring training, most of the ball clubs have started having fun with it and showing their Irish side.  During the Red Sox-Orioles game here in Sarasota, the Red Sox still sported red socks, but their jerseys and caps were a dazzling Irish green.  (I think that's outfielder Darnell McDonald strolling around centerfield in his best Christmas colors.)  The Orioles, on the other hand, were a bit more subtle.  The traditional orange oriole on their cap was replaced with a green one. And there was one other quirk at the game that day....
SDP  3-21-12b
This is the scoreboard after the game concluded. Notice anything unusual? (I bet my blog friend Jim at Terrell Daily Photo has already spotted it.) The game ended in a tie after 10 innings.  Major League Baseball games are supposed to continue until one team wins!  That's a first for me.  Gotta love spring training!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I guess everyone wants to be Irish...at least once each year.

Lowell said...

I've not been to a baseball game in years but the last one was a spring training game in Ft. Myers and I think I enjoyed that more than games during the regular season.

I don't understand, though, the interest in St. Patrick's Day. I guess it's just a time when people get permission to be a little crazy (crazier?). :-)

Jack said...

I have been looking forward to your spring training photos. Last year you showed some great action pictures.

cieldequimper said...

I love the green-orange-white!