March 12, 2012

Rolling In

SDP 3-12-12
It's a bit unusual to have this kind of weather in the Sunshine State this time of year, but once in awhile it happens.  A late afternoon cold front was pushing in when I snapped this photo at Bunche Beach in Ft. Myers recently.   I like the moodiness of the scene with the sea fog rolling in, the birds flying and the helicopter zooming toward the squall. Occasionally, it's nice to have a day like this to shoot.  It's something different plus the beaches are empty.  By the way, that tall bridge goes to Sanibel.

8 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I adore days like this SRQ, you can get so much more drama and excitement into an image. Looks good with the bird and the helicopter in the same frame, different types of fliers!!

Jim Klenke said...

It sure doesnt look like a good fishing day.

Lowell said...

This is a superb photograph. And I know the area well having spent lots of time in Ft. Myers and on Sanibel! I think it's especially cool you got the bird and helicopter together...with the lens compression they look almost the same size.

cieldequimper said...

Oh absolutely wonderful shot!

Jack said...

You have been spending a lot of time down in Fort Myers lately. I think you know it better than I do!

Halcyon said...

Its beautiful, Even in the Sunshine State. :)

Michelle said...

I do like the gray in this photo. Really beautiful, even without the sunshine.

Unknown said...

Nice contrast between the grey foggy areas and the sharp detail in the foreground! Funny, that bridge didn't seem so high when I was on it...