April 13, 2011

Shy Guy

When I spotted this brown pelican at Hart's Landing near downtown Sarasota last night I immediately thought he looked camera shy, with his long bill tucked down and his little eyeball staring straight ahead.  In reality, he probably just wanted some alone time.  Not only was a lady pointing a big camera at him, but four other pelicans were just feet away, hopping around, frantically flapping their wings, trying to dry off after a happy hour dip in the bay.  What's an introvert pelican to do?     

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

He's so cute!

Kathy said...

He's also pigeon-toed!

James Mark said...

I always enjoy your bird photos.

Birdman said...

Read a book about fishing?

Lowell said...

I dunno...these guys are really sneaky...he may have thought you had a fish in that black box you were pointing at him!

Lovely shot of one of Florida's iconic birds!

Re your comment on Ocala DP: Yes, I did hear about Applebee's giving a toddler alcohol. I didn't read the details, though, and wonder if maybe the parents allowed the child to drink something he/she shouldn't have?