April 7, 2011

Fallen Gold

This gold tree drops hundreds (if not thousands) of beautiful yellow flowers this time of year.  It's like a gold path leading to it.  As pretty as it is, most drivers who are familiar with this particular tree in downtown Sarasota avoid parking under it for any length of time because an unimaginable amount of flower petals and pollen will be plastered to their cars (including every crevice) upon their return.  My recommendation:  grab that suspiciously empty parking space under the tree...enjoy the gold petals...then head to the car wash.

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

How pretty! Reminds me of the forsythia bushes that should be blooming here soon (if we ever get any sunshine). :(

Halcyon said...

The blooms are pretty.

Lois said...

It is gorgeous! I would probably park under it.

Dina said...

I keep telling my husband I want to replace our dead orange tree with one of these. I'm not sure if I want to rake all of that though.

Dr. Moxie Awesome said...

I love these trees. I can't help but snap a few pics everytime I see one.

Gunn said...

Fantastic!:)