May 15, 2010

Water Plant Water Fowl

I noticed this great egret last night tiptoeing through this lilly pad and algae filled retention pond next to the city's water plant.  It was feeding time and it was nabbing all kinds of goodies from beneath the green goo.  While it's not unusual to see egrets in Sarasota, I was a bit surprised to see this one here because it's right next to a fairly busy intersection.  Perhaps the best part of my stop, though, was that a city utilities worker made a point to stop me and tip me off to an eagle nest about a mile away.  Can't wait to check it out!

5 comments:

Peter said...

great green shot - I wonder what the egret sees

T. Becque said...

Do we get to see the eagle's nest? Pretty bird.

Zyzzyz said...

Beautiful bird.

SRQ said...

Thanks! TB - You bet! I'm going to stop by with my long lens & tripod in the evening and see if the eagle is home. Wish me luck!

Leslie D. said...

This has an impressionist painting quality. Neat!