May 26, 2010

Road Warrior

Seeing mascots and people waving signs alongside the road is pretty common around here nowadays, with business owners trying just about anything to attract customers.  They're a different kind of road warrior!  This guy works for a Mexican restaurant, Mi Pueblo, just down the street from where he's waving.  (I've never been there, but their website looks interesting.)  At least it was only 84 degrees, with the sun setting, when he was standing along University Parkway.  And, yes, he confirmed it's hot in that costume.   

10 comments:

B SQUARED said...

It certainly is an attention getter.

Lois said...

I hope he is being paid well to do that. I couldn't stand the heat!

Rob Siemann said...

Ay carambe, I was looking for you, Tio Pepe!

Joy said...

Oh boy. Goes to show that times are really hard :D

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comment. Come visit again. How's your week so far?

gogouci said...

Tall, dark and handsome.

Leslie D. said...

Yikes is he an attraction? Scary!

T. Becque said...

I've always wondered about the heat in those things!

SRQ said...

Haha! Not only have I wondered about the heat, but I've wondered who would go to a business (restaurant or otherwise) because someone (costumed or not) waved at them on the road. It must work, though.

kat said...

Now I have a hankering for tamales! Sooooo hard to find good ones in Canada... :(

Ernie said...

Mi Pueblo is great! But good luck getting in there for dinner, it's always packed to the gills. Try it at lunch one day, they're really quick.

This is not a paid product endorsement, but it could be if they gave me some free food. I'm just sayin'...