May 12, 2010

NO Oil Here!

There is NO oil on the beaches in Sarasota!  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  In fact, there's no oil on any beaches anywhere in Florida.  Unfortunately, all the attention with the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is giving some tourists the wrong idea.  I took this photo early this evening on Lido Beach.  People were having a great time sunbathing, wading along the shoreline and collecting seashells  -- with no oil in the water.   I sure enjoyed the evening getting my toes wet!  To keep tabs on the daily beach conditions in the Sarasota area, check out Mote Marine Laboratory's online beach report  -- it's great.

9 comments:

Lowell said...

Lovely. Sarasota beaches are very nice. Sure hope the oil stays clear. When we lived in Texas, we would get lots of tar balls on the beaches - what a mess they would make of your feet, swim suits, etc.

B SQUARED said...

Don't let the cat out of the bag. We'll be overrun.

SRQ said...

I can't imagine tar balls washing ashore here. It would be so devastating to the wildlife and mangroves etc. Fingers crossed! When were you in Texas, Jacob?

T. Becque said...

Nice angle, I can feel the textures in this picture! I hope the tar stays far away from that pretty beach.

Gwyn said...

Greetings from Juneau, Alaska,
Welcome to the City Daily Photo Community. I look forward to seeing more of Sarasota. I love this shot. I can't imagine walking the beach and seeing so many sea shells. I'd be in heaven. I love beach combing. I showed my kids your photo. They too can't imagine seeing so many shells. Now they're begging to go to Florida. It would make for a wonderful summer vacation. Thanks for sharing your area.:)

Kris McCracken said...

I do like the down low angle on the beach myself!

SRQ said...

Thanks for the comments! Your post, Gwen, about your kids' reaction to the shells put on smile on my face. That's so cool they're discovering a new place because of City Daily Photo. By the way, there are so many of those small shells here, some homeowners use packed shell for their driveway rather than concrete, asphalt or brick.

Rachel said...

So pretty!!!!!

Michael Salone said...

So nice to see that Sarasota hasn't been affected by the disaster in the Gulf. Keep the beautiful photos coming!