May 14, 2010

Old Herald Building

This is the kind of building that attracts my eye with its old, quaint facade and surrounding vegetation.  It's the historic Herald Square Building, situated in the Burns Square neighborhood in downtown Sarasota.  It's one of my favorite buildings in Sarasota not only because of the architecture, which dates back to the 1920's, but because it sits right at the apex of Orange Ave. and Pineapple Ave.  (Triangular buildings are eye catching to me.  At some point, I'll have to post a wide shot of the front of the building.)   An assortment of boutiques and a popular cafe are now located in the building.

6 comments:

B SQUARED said...

I agree with you about triangle buildings. They tend to make a statement.

irinapictures said...

I would like to sit in this little garden, after watering it. And wait for the promised wide shot.

T. Becque said...

That would catch my eye too!

SRQ said...

Haha! Now I'm really going to have to shoot & post a wide shot. Stay tuned! : )

Clueless in Boston said...

Beautiful garden and colors. Would love to see the wide shot of the building.

gogouci said...

The occupants must be accomplished gardeners. The have a mini-jungle surrounding their walkway.