May 4, 2017

Tucked Away

Barred Owl
With it being overcast last night for the first time in awhile, I thought maybe the barred owls would be out early at the neighborhood park. Bingo! This handsome fellow was contentedly tucked in a tree roosting, with a human family running around nearby making a lot of noise. (Being camouflaged so well, the family never saw him.) I ended up having quite an incredible encounter with this guy, his mate and two little ones. Nothing like observing a family of four owls at dinner time! (That's definitely foreshadowing a SDP post!) Although I saw and heard the two juveniles, they were very good at hiding. I'll post more as time permits. Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Woo Hoo, he says, here I am. Lovely setting, great cover that matches his feathers, and look at those eyes. I love it.

Lowell said...

He really is well-camouflaged. Terrific shot and I have some inkling of what is to come and I'm looking forward to it!

William Kendall said...

Very distinguished!

Lorraine said...

Owls are so cool.

Kay said...

What a nice portrait this is. He's framed beautifully by the branches and lichen. (More envy.)