May 6, 2017

Golden View

Coreopsis Field
It's been a few years since I've been at Myakka River State Park with the coreopsis in bloom. It's quite a sight: yellow wildflowers as far as the eye can see!  The last time I photographed them, they were in full bloom...and I was much more adventurous...wandering way out into the field. (Check it out here.) Last night, I just walked down a short path with my GoPro and captured this scene.  There's something captivating about being surrounded by brilliant yellow flowers and bright blue sky!  I suspect even more will be in bloom within the next couple of weeks.  If the timing works out, maybe the SDP staff can make it back out there.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Lowell said...

This is just yummy. And you've used with precision and grace the rule for photographing flora...get down on the ground! Great job. This would make an excellent photo to frame and hang!

Nancy J said...

Golden flowers, maybe these are the perennial ones, and come up every year. Totally gorgeous. And I agree with Lowell.

Bill said...

What a gorgeous sight!

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors!

Kay said...

This is beautiful! I've been in blooms like this in Death Valley National Park. It's so spectacular to be in an ocean of flowers and some of them have a wonderful, mild fragrance.

Mersad said...

Love the angle and yellow color. Great shot.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful perspective here SRQ and yes I agree the combination of blue skies and yellow blooms en masse is quite intoxicating ☺