May 1, 2017

Theme Day: Let's Eat!

Bananas
As I write this post, I have visions of fellow City Daily Photo bloggers submitting pictures of every kind of mouth watering epicurean delight imaginable.  And, then, there's SDP with...bananas.  It very well could be one of the most boring (and unappetizing) submissions for this month's theme day.  But, bananas are big news to me! ((drum roll))  After 10+ years, I believe I've successfully re-introduced bananas into my diet!  Many years ago, I started experiencing food sensitivities to the point where my diet became very limited. As I eliminated processed sugar, dairy, gluten, preservatives (you name it), I started eating more and more fruit. Healthy, right?  Not for me. I began reacting to the fructose.  A few years ago, I successfully re-introduced blueberries and blackberries (fruits with the lowest amounts of natural sugar), which was very exciting.  Recently, I randomly ate a banana....and survived -- without a hint of a reaction!  I'm pacing myself but I'm confident enough to say, 'The bananas are back, baby!'

There's an art to photographing food which I have not mastered (or even started to develop), so this theme day was a challenge!  To see more interpretations from the CDP community click here.

11 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

For some time now I have been eating a banana about once a day.

Bill said...

I love bananas. Bananas, plain yogurt, brand flakes and walnuts is breakfast for me.

I forgot to mention that I love you new header. It's beautiful.

Kate said...

Bananas are not boring to me. Yu did a great job with the photo!! Hope your body gradually adjusts to a "normal" diet, with lots of fruit and veggies, too.

Merisi said...

You mastered this month's Theme Day shot beautifully!
Congratulations on being able to eat bananas again.

Lowell said...

Bananas have their place but some people can't eat them and I believe they have a lot of potassium, so that can be a problem for some folks, too. Glad to hear you've broken through and there's nothing wrong with this photo!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So you were feeling a bit fruity today hey SRQ 😊 I am right there with you, food photography is not my thing, that might be a good excuse for me to eat out a bit more ☺

Small City Scenes said...

Interesting about you diet problems. Odd and strnge to me anyway. One would think that fruit would be the best---but you got to listen to your body. Glad you are able to introduce old favs back into your diet.
BTW: The photo is excellent
MB

William Kendall said...

Good for you!

Lois said...

Good for you. Enjoy those bananas!

Kay said...

This is a great approach to today's theme! And I'm glad you've been able to return to bananas. I'm sure a limited diet is a real challenge. Several friends have sensitivities and eating out with them or cooking for them is a real eye-opener.

Karl said...

Beautiful picture for the theme !