May 23, 2017

Those Eyes!

Burrrowing Owls
I was in the Ft. Myers area over the weekend and had some great luck finding more burrowing owls in the wild!  I visited my now favorite burrowing owl location....and immediately saw not one, not two...but five of these adorable little guys.  All were out and about in the middle of the day in the 90 degree heat.  Very exciting stuff for this wildlife photographer.  (I just love those big, buggy eyes!) This nest (or den -- not sure what they're called) is adjacent to a park and directly across the street from houses.  It's an activate neighborhood, but the little owls don't appear to mind people coming and going -- including those with a big camera and tripod.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Five! How lucky you are! Thank you for hunting them down, photographing them and sharing you pics with us.

Lowell said...

Burrowing owls are the cutest things. But they do tend to stare at you. I always wondering if they think I'd make a good meal!

Michelle said...

They are so cute and I love their expressions!

Bill said...

They are two beauties. I have never seen one in person but you took care of that. A beautiful photo and glad you shared it. Thanks!

Lois said...

They are so cute! They are really giving you a look.

Kay said...

I'd be as excited as you. What a great shot, and what a wonderful opportunity!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fantastic SRQ, aren't they just so cute! I think we have one close by, quite often I hear the hunting owl call but I'm just not willing to go out in the middle of the night to search ☺

Brian King said...

What a beautiful owl! Love the yellow eyes!