September 25, 2010

Towles Court

This is a portion of downtown known as Towles Court.  It's a colorful, funky artist colony that's amazingly serene considering it's just three blocks from U.S. 41, a busy five lane highway.   I don't know if it's the large old oak trees creating so much shade, the lush vegetation or all the bright old cottages snuggled close together, but when you step foot into Towles Court you feel like you've been transported to a remote little island.  A few dozen artists work in the renovated cottages and open their doors the third Friday night of every month for Art Walk where there's live music, cocktails and, of course, art.  Coastal Living Magazine named Towles Court one of the top ten artist colonies in the U.S.  I had a great time taking pictures here....more posts to come!

10 comments:

James Mark said...

No image, and a "not found" message from Google.

Lorraine said...

ditto. blank square with an X is all I get, :(

SRQ said...

Thanks for letting me now. I thought that Blogger gremlin had disappeared. Hopefully, the photo is there now.

tinyskillet said...

Great shot, I have yet to go down to Towels Court. I will make an effort to do that soon. I've seen many great photos taken there! I love checking out all the place in town you've seen.

Leslie D. said...

My kind of place. Love all things boho!

Randy said...

I'm with LD that is my kind of place! Bet there are some great houses in that hood.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I loves places like this and can't wait to see more photos!

Lois said...

The Art Walk sounds like a fun way to spend a Friday evening! Thanks for your kind welcome comment. I am happy to be back.

gogouci said...

Nice cozy place. The plants creeping up the posts add to the ambiance. I hope you're having a great weekend.

Sharon Creech said...

Love this photo--the trees, the vine, the building . .