August 13, 2010

Open for Business

This is what a brand new roundabout looks like!   The Five Points roundabout in downtown Sarasota opened for business yesterday --- 23 days ahead of schedule.  (Yes, ahead of schedule.)  I took a spin around it just before I took this picture and it's quite nice and easy to navigate, not to mention attractive with all those red brick pavers.  I have to give a shout out to Chip, a photographer with the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, who I met at the roundabout and tipped me off to the location where I scored this bird's eye view.   Thanks!  Click here to see what the roundabout looked like under construction just a few weeks ago.

6 comments:

T. Becque said...

Cool, I love round-abouts, they remind me of Europe.

Jim Klenke said...

looks kinda neat, I would wreck though.

B SQUARED said...

Very European! Nice.

Birdman said...

I like it from this pov but dislike diving in them, especially when crowded.

tinyskillet said...

Wow, so they listened to all the business owners downtown and got moving on it! I would think it should work better there with the five street coming into it! Nice birdseye view!

this too will pass said...

a roundabout in the States; I think this is the first I have seen; nice shot