July 13, 2011

Creepin' Back Up

SDP  7-13-11
When I posted this photo last month, the entire SDP staff was cautiously optimistic that gasoline prices were dropping. Well, so much for that. Prices are creeping back up. While we're continuing to document prices at the same gas station each month, prices at some nearby stations are 10-cents higher. (To see the vacillating prices over the past several months follow the gas prices label below.) So, what do you think...will prices continue to go up by August?

6 comments:

Jack said...

Regular is hovering around $4 for regular up here. We load it with lots of taxes. (Surprise!) I think there are some supply issues and some geopolitical issues that are going to push it higher.

Michelle said...

I am afraid that they will continue to go up. *sigh* I am so tired of this issue, as I know are so many others.

Kathy said...

Just returned from Phoenix where I paid as little as 3.27, but 3.59 was pretty much the standard price through Northern Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

Lois said...

I paid as little as 3.33 on my vacation, but now they are back up again. I think they will continue to go up by August. This is not a good sign!

Jocie Z ROCK said...

nice pic!!! never thought really of taking a shot of the gas price sign.. except in 1978 i think those were the gas lines i was visiting the US and thought it was quite a "touristy" moment to capture.. my nearest gas station seems to think 4.39 is a deal.. well it is i guess if we all lived in England,.. guess we should always say it could be worse.. and probably we might match those prices in the UK sooner than later...then we def be driving minis too

Anonymous said...

Here in Seattle, we've just dropped to $3.59 at the cheap stations (read ARCO)... just seems like gouging to me!