March 9, 2011

Watery Wednesday: By Air and Sea

We're "in season" here in Sarasota.  That's what we call this time of year when everyone battling cabin fever in the north descends upon the area to enjoy the gorgeous warm weather and environs.   I was taking a photo of this sailboat cruising under the Ringling Bridge when I noticed an airplane descending into SRQ (that's the airport code for Sarasota which I explained further in this post last June).   Yep, they're traveling by air and by sea to be in Sarasota.  (And one or two might be arriving via automobile.) By the way, this is post #300 for SDP -- whoop!  Click here to see other Watery Wednesday pics.

11 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Congrats! Here's the the 600th!
Love that bridge!

Kathy said...

Wish I were there right now! Congrats on the milestone!

Ernie said...

Congratulations on the big Three-Oh-Oh!

Mimi McMi said...

Nice touch with the plane and boat. I hear they may come by bicycle, soon. (I refer to your older post on gas prices)

Lois said...

Congrats! Glad to see so many people bringing in the tourist dollars. We certainly need it!

tinyskillet said...

Great catch! Of course there are cars going over the Ringling Bridge you have in the photo too! :D I think we have a croweded "season" this year. I haven't seen it this busy in a while!

Michelle said...

Congrats on #300. I love the boat in the photo.

Birdman said...

I wondered what SRQ stood for in your blog. This photo has it all.

Jack said...

You have a lot going on in this pic. Now I feel bad for calling you by the initials for an airport all this time. I think I will start calling you Judy. You look like a Judy.

SRQ said...

Jack - lol! That's funny.

Juan Manuel Jimenez said...

Very curious this shot. Yes, very curious.