February 16, 2011

Watery Wednesday: Comin' About

Although it may look like these young sailors are being tossed off their little vessel, actually they were practicing their sailing skills, like coming about, on Sarasota Bay last night.  I don't know for sure, but most likely they're part of the Sarasota Sailing Squadron which is located nearby and offers affordable sailing classes, lessons etc. to those who are interested.  To see other Watery Wednesday photos from around the world click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to see boats sailing along like this picture shows. But I wouldn't want to be on one.

Jack said...

I don't know a thing about sailing, so this looks just fine to me.

Big snow piles go with the terrain in New England. I was surprised by some comments about the book sculpture. I agree with you. No such thing as too much public art.

Linnea said...

That looks like fun and I bet the water is a lot warmer than where I am! Thanks for stopping by; you've got a nice blog!