February 8, 2011

Engrossed

I'm always amazed by people who can read anywhere.  I mean really read.  I noticed this woman perched on a windowsill at LaZare Gallery, a new antique store in downtown Sarasota.  She was so engrossed in what she was reading, she never noticed me just a few feet away snapping photos of her.  Of course, I just had to know what was so interesting, so I introduced myself (and Sarasota Daily Photo).  Turns out her name is Debbie and she was visiting from Chicago. Any guesses as to what she was reading? Anyone? Anyone??  Drum roll please! It was a book detailing.....the history of the United States.  ((ta-dah!))    Thanks, Debbie, for letting SDP interrupt you for a moment.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I think it is really nice that you introduced yourself. I find it very refreshing that someone can be so engrossed in a wonderful read. This is one of my favorite photos ever!

cieldequimper said...

Argh two years into VDP and I still don't dare! :-)Good for you because this is a magnificent shot with that background.

I can only read on the sofa or in bed. Otherwise I get distracted by EVERYthing!

Jack said...

SRQ, maybe your photography course gave you new confidence to approach this reader. Nice one! Steffe from Haninge does it all the time and his photos are marvelous. I am working on including people and also on approaching them. It takes an effort . . .

Michelle said...

Being engrossed in a book is just the best thing. So serene....