November 6, 2012

Psssst!

SDP  11-6-12
In case you've been living in a cave and haven't heard...it's Election Day!  While millions of Floridians opted to vote early (something like 4.2 million), lines at the polling precincts here in the Sunshine State are still expected to be long today.  One of the reasons is because of the sheer length of the ballot.  With 11 proposed state constitutional amendments, which are complex and lengthy, this is the longest ballot in state history.   When I heard about early voters in Miami waiting in line for up to 6 hours, I immediately presumed those voters hadn't reviewed their sample ballot and were actually trying to decipher the questions in the voting booth (which I cannot imagine!)  Of course, the item that everyone is talking about is at the very top of the ballot:  President of the United States.  As for me, I voted last Friday at 7:15 a.m. without too much of a wait.  

8 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hi SRQ, all is well in my part of the world except it's HECTIC, just don't have enough time in the day and am getting by on about four hours sleep a night, it catches up!! Love all your autumn images and yea the Christmas decs have been going up around here too, I don't mean here in my house haha! that only happens about 12 days before the big day!I think the whole world is waiting with bated breath to see how the people of USA have voted,I would have thought it was a no brainer but I guess its different when you live there, so much to consider.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Its me again, I pressed the button before I was finished, just meant to say hope all is well with you, catch up soon.

Leslie D. said...

I lucked out with a great voting place--The Mission Ranch in Carmel so if there's a line you can pass the time watching sheep grazing in the pasture outside. Thanks for your post!

Anonymous said...

what a nice way to thank the voters... I don't I've seen one like that over here, in my area at least.

Michelle said...

No lines for me today, but I did vote! Cannot imagine being uninformed before going in the booth, no matter the topic!

Jack said...

I only had a thirty minute wait last Wednesday when I voted.

Unknown said...

What a great idea for the election. Congratulations to Obama for winning. I hope he'll be a honest, dedicated and a good president in his new term.
Ecommerce Australia

Interactive Presentation said...

Your site is stunning I assume you have to translate it to other languages.