June 25, 2016

God is Good

SDP 6-25-16
For years (yes, years), I've wanted to photograph this cross. It's located in rural Sarasota at the corner of Verna and Fruitville (where Fruitville Road dead ends east of I-75). It's always intrigued me…wondering who put it there…and, what prompted it.  The right circumstances have never been present to shoot it --- until last night. A light rain had just ended...and as I turned the corner and glanced at the sky near the cross I thought, "Tonight's the night!".  At first, there was a hint of pink, which shifted to grey, followed by a dark peach glow.  The cloud formations, opening to reveal bright blue sky, were incredible.  In this serene setting I kept thinking, "God is good."  Happy Saturday!

11 comments:

Jack said...

You nailed it with this one, SRQ.

Bill said...

Perfect!

Lowell said...

A wonderful photo!

Kay said...

Your patience was rewarded. The light and color is perfect.

Kate said...

Your wait as richly reward with an outstanding photo. Congratulations!!

Nancy J said...

True, and perfect settings for a beautiful scene.

Lorraine said...

That's just stunning!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh! You seriously couldn't have picked a more perfect time! Incroyable image SRQ!

Michelle said...

The perfect shot.

William Kendall said...

Amazing light and colour!

Noke said...

Tolles Bild schöne Farben.

Gruß
Noke