February 1, 2016

Theme Day: Scene from a Coffee House



I really wanted to check out a new cafe in Ft. Myers for today's City Daily Photo theme:  'Scene at a Coffee House'.  Unfortunately, time did not permit.  But, as I dashed out of Starbucks yesterday with a latte in hand to fuel me for the drive back to Sarasota, I thought, 'Well, I can get a quick shot here for theme day…'  And, voila!  It's not exactly what I had in mind…but, I'm happy to be able to participate in Theme Day!

As these folks enjoyed a quiet respite outside Starbucks in downtown Ft. Myers reading their electronic devices, man's best friend in the foreground stole the show.  Her name is Pipi.  While she has an intense stare in this shot, I can assure you she's a sweetheart!  She was content at the outdoor cafe, greeting strangers politely as they passed by, while keeping a friendly eye on a neighboring cocker spaniel.  I'm told Pipi was rescued as a puppy four years ago after being abandoned alongside a road in Alabama.  She seems very good natured and gentle.  And, she must have good sea legs, too….because her owner mentioned they arrived in Ft. Myers via sailboat.  How about that?!  It's common to see dogs at outdoor coffee houses nowadays, and I always enjoy hearing their stories.  To see other interpretations of today's Theme Day -- Scene at a Coffee House -- from other City Daily Photo bloggers click here.

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

This is neat, a totally adorable dog, great couple who would share the story, and a super photo.

Lois said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who posted a Starbucks pic! What a cute dog and that's a great reflection too.

Jens Hamn said...

the dog is beautiful and impressive! the moment is very good !!

William Kendall said...

Pipi is adorable!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Pipi definitely stole the show SRQ, you're right, these days dogs are made very welcome in many cafes, it's such a nice idea.

Bill said...

Nice photo! The dog looks like, where's my beverage :)

Jack said...

I know that Starbucks. Of course, I know every Starbucks within fifty miles of here. Starbucks is my home away from home.

Kay said...

I can see it in her eyes: "I'll have a Grande Mocha Latte, please."

LOLfromPasa said...

Starbucks finally got 2 shops in Coventry. The scene here is much the same (except for the weather, of course :)).

Merisi said...

What friendly dog, appreciating the chance to be out and about and great passersby!
Great capture for the theme day, thank you for participating,
Merisi

Bergson said...

this dog do not like cafee house