January 5, 2013

Proud Parent


Ozzie and Harriet, the bald eagles in North Fort Myers, are parents!  Eaglet #1 hatched on New Year's Day and #2 hatched two days later.   They look like little fuzzy bobblehead dolls.  So cute!  You can take a peek by visiting the live eagle cam 24/7:  http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html  The website has had more than 2 million hits and Ozzie & Harriet were featured on Fox News Channel yesterday morning.  It's all very exciting!  I captured this shot last weekend before the little ones were born.   I'm not sure if this is Ozzie or Harriet sitting in a tree about 40 yards from the nest.  The females are supposed to be bigger, but I can't discern the difference yet.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

7 comments:

Lowell said...

Your eagle photos are all stunning. I'm in awe!

Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh! The babies are so cute! They're wobbling back and forth in the nest this morning.

Jack said...

That is pretty cool.

Michelle said...

I really enjoy these postings. Glad to hear all is well.

Unknown said...

How lucky you are to be able to see these eagles - I am envious!!

Kay said...

How exciting! I think eagles in this area don't have eaglets until later in the spring. But then, look at your weather. . .livin's much easier! Enjoy your bird watching!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super clear shot SRQ, he/she is looking very regal!