January 5, 2013

Proud Parent

SDP  1-5-13
Ozzie and Harriet, the bald eagles in North Fort Myers, are parents!  Eaglet #1 hatched on New Year's Day and #2 hatched two days later.   They look like little fuzzy bobblehead dolls.  So cute!  You can take a peek by visiting the live eagle cam 24/7:  http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html  The website has had more than 2 million hits and Ozzie & Harriet were featured on Fox News Channel yesterday morning.  It's all very exciting!  I captured this shot last weekend before the little ones were born.   I'm not sure if this is Ozzie or Harriet sitting in a tree about 40 yards from the nest.  The females are supposed to be bigger, but I can't discern the difference yet.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

7 comments:

Lowell said...

Your eagle photos are all stunning. I'm in awe!

We are: clamco said...

Oh my gosh! The babies are so cute! They're wobbling back and forth in the nest this morning.

Jack said...

That is pretty cool.

Michelle said...

I really enjoy these postings. Glad to hear all is well.

Ali Crehan said...

How lucky you are to be able to see these eagles - I am envious!!

Kay said...

How exciting! I think eagles in this area don't have eaglets until later in the spring. But then, look at your weather. . .livin's much easier! Enjoy your bird watching!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super clear shot SRQ, he/she is looking very regal!