January 13, 2013

I'm Free!


I believe this was Ozzie who was calling at sunset shortly after leaving the nest. He had tended to the two little ones for a good portion of the day and he was getting some alone time. I couldn't help but think he was yelping, 'I'm free!'. The sun was just starting to set and it was during those golden moments when he flew to this branch. What fun! For those unfamiliar with the nest, Ozzie and his mate, Harriet, have nested in North Ft. Myers for five years. Their latest eaglets arrived on Jan. 1st and 3rd and a live webcam is showing them 24/7. To say it's gone viral would be an understatement.   A word of warning, though: it can be rather addictive watching them and could cause sleepless nights and a drop in productivity.   Click here to check it out.

10 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

I am joining you. You have a wonderful collection here (and of course I love your template:). Back again soon.

Kathy said...

We all need to get out of the house occasionally.

Lorraine said...

I watched quite a while starting at 3AM this morning. They were alone for a bit and then when I checked back, a parent had come home with a freshly caught fish for breakfast.
The other day I thought I saw 2 light colored, four legged creatures on the ground below. Horses, cows or goats? I couldn't tell. Is that some kind of animal park or farm?

Birdman said...

Thanks for that link. I've wasted lots of time watching the falcons in Indianapolis

Kitty said...

wow, that is so cool!!
I checked out the eaglecam. Thank you for posting it. I'm sure there are so many people out there rooting for this little family.

Kay said...

Uh oh! I'm afraid to get myself hooked on the webcam. . .and I know I'll get hooked.

Jack said...

What a nice photo of the eagle, SRQ. A fine moment captured. (I think I will skip the webcam . . . I already have too many ways to waste time.)

SFlaGuy said...

Oh my goodness. I really hope this is blocked at work or it's going to be a very non productive week.

Brian King said...

What a gorgeous photo!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Ozzie looks magnificent calling out in the evening light, well done SRQ, exciting capture.