September 19, 2012

Gotcha!

SDP  9-18-12
For the first time in months, I went out on a photography adventure. It was great to be out and about again camera in hand.  Although it was raining, I decided to see what was going on at Myakka State Park.  Turns out, there was a lot of wildlife activity! Usually, I feel sorry for the great egrets.  Whenever I see them, they're standing very, very still hunting.  And, yet I rarely see them capture anything. All that intense waiting...and for what?  I was feeling especially sorry for this guy standing in the rain, when suddenly it nabbed dinner.  I wasn't quite sure as to the identity of the captured creature, so I showed the photo to a park ranger who suspected it's a crawfish.  Pretty cool.  I hope everyone in the blogosphere is doing well. I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of posting and commenting regularly. Hopefully, that's right around the corner!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Yep, I think crawfish is the unlucky victim here. Great shot and glad to see you're back.

We are: clamco said...

Great catch for both the photographer and the egret. For the crawfish, not so much.

James Mark said...

Nice shot for a return to CDP. I presume that "crawfish" is the same as "crayfish".

Lowell said...

That's quite an incredible photograph! You should be proud of capturing that event! I can't get close enough to these guys to get a good shot!

Jack said...

Well done, SRQ. I never get pix of them catching anything. Probably my own lack of patience. Welcome back!

Birdman said...

Playin a little Hide and Seek for dinner?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What an amazing come back shot SRQ, well done on having the patience to wait AND in the rain, brilliant.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Well, a walk in the rain was just the perfect setting for this great shot. Not only did you get an action shot but you have a great portrait of this elegant bird.

Bises,
Genie