July 11, 2017

Go Green

Fluorescent Seaweed
I'm not sure if I've ever seen seaweed this bright -- almost an electric green!  It washed ashore from the Gulf of Mexico onto Sanibel island during low tide, just as an afternoon thunderstorm was rolling in. 

Fluorescent Seaweed And, of course, there were lots (and lots!) of seashells tucked in the thick seaweed.  Isn't Mother Nature amazing?!  I don't recall seeing this seaweed on the beach the next day.  I guess it washed back out to sea.  Or perhaps it turned a dull greenish/brown hue and I didn't notice it...

4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I've seen this at times too SRQ, it's almost a luminous green and much finer in texture! There are many unexplained things that wash up from the sea πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

William Kendall said...

It's an unusual shade!

Bill said...

Interesting shade of green. Our seaweed is mostly brown when it washes up.

Kay said...

It's very finely textured in addition to being bright. Ours is thicker, more kelp-ish. The beachcomber in me would find this beach irresistible.