September 26, 2015

Below $2!

SDP 9-26-15
I can't remember the last time I purchased a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline for under $2.  Recently, I've heard people talking about it...and prices finally dropped below $2 in Sarasota a couple of days ago. 

Those who have followed Sarasota Daily Photo for awhile may recall I used to post a photo of gas prices once a month from the same gas station. The last one I posted was about 2.5 years ago (believe it or not) and prices were hovering around….well….you can see for yourself here.  I'm bummed I wasn't able to continue to document the rise and fall of gas prices over the years. (C'est la vie, n'est pas?)  But, when I saw this low price, I knew I had to get a photo!  I was able to grab my camera out of the car and snap this photo before my tank was filled up.  How are prices in your area?

3 comments:

Alice said...

$2.23 at Walmart in Miami, Florida this morning.

William Kendall said...

We're at around a buck, but that's per litre in Canada.

Kay said...

We clocked in at $2.09 at a Costco on Sunday. Other prices we saw were $.30 to $.40 higher.