April 26, 2015

Urban Sunset

Bird Key Sunset

As promised, we're back in Sarasota!  This was a recent sunset right in the urban core at Bird Key Park on Sarasota Bay.  As I've mentioned before, many times the best part of a sunset is after the sun goes down. What do you think? The pastels stretching across the sky and the bay that evening were amazing.   I'm starting to contemplate the next Theme Day -- Revolution -- thanks to a reminder from Jack at Naples and Hartford in Season via the City Daily Photo Facebook page.  This is going to be a challenging Theme Day!  (Fingers crossed I can make it.)  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

That is lovely!

If there's a Revolutionary War figure buried somewhere in your area, go with their grave.

Jack said...

Beautiful, Jan. I always smirk when the tourists cheer as the sun goes below the horizon, pack up their stuff and leave. I feel like telling them, "Stay here for at least 15 - 20 more minutes if you want to see the good stuff!"

That Revolution theme is a bear!

Lowell said...

This is stunning...especially with the calmness of the water!

Personally, I think I'll revolt against the theme!

Kathy said...

Your sunset photos have earned you the status of a photography rock star!

Michelle said...

A stunning view!

Kay said...

Gorgeous! I agree: later is even better.

sweffling said...

That is so delicate and beautiful!