May 16, 2014

Dolphin Fountain

SDP  5-16-14
When I downloaded this photo, I wondered why I shot the dolphins from this angle, jumping away from me.  Then, I remembered!  I liked the clouds, the Ringling Bridge in the background (lower left hand corner) as well as the buildings on Golden Gate Point.  It sure was a beautiful day at Bayfront Park last Saturday.  The last time I photographed this fountain, I shot it from a different direction and submitted it for the CDP Theme Day --- back in February 2011.  I can't believe it was three years ago!  Check it out here.  Which do you prefer?  

8 comments:

Kay said...

The previous shot was great as a fountain. This one has so much going on in it that's interesting, including those clouds. Isn't it funny when you have those "why'd I shoot THIS moments?"

Lois said...

They are both wonderful! We have a dolphin fountain here too right behind the Capitol.

Lowell said...

I like 'em both, but this one is composed more to my liking with a lot more action and contrast...esp. between the free-flying sea creatures and man-made concrete structures.

Brian King said...

Beautiful fountain!

Michelle said...

That is quite a fountain.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh gosh that's a hard one SRQ.. I have a feeling that it might be impossible to take a bad view of this fountain.. I mean.. Dolphins, too gorgeous!

Jack said...

This one is the winner, SRQ! It has much more of a story to it. I like seeing the dolphins diving into the pool before them, with the interest of the Sarasota skyline and a nice day with puffy clouds in front of them.

Bob Carlson said...

I have some catching up to do on this blog I see.