June 15, 2013

Daisies & Deer


This meadow is one of my favorite locations at Myakka River State Park, especially this time of year with all the pretty daisies blooming. And, it's a favorite with the Sarasota fauna.  Without fail, every evening I've been here, I've seen deer and wild boar.  I've also spotted turkeys and armadillos.   On this particular evening, this doe was keeping a close eye on me during her stroll looking for dinner. She must have thought I was Mr. DeMille...

 ...because she certainly was ready for her close-up!  (And, she strongly suggested her right side was her best side.)

5 comments:

Roger Real said...

A great springtime shot!

Velva said...

Great shot of the doe...She was definitely posing and smiling for this shot.

Velva

Kay said...

So pretty! And quite ready for her close-up. We had a doe and two very small fawns run across the back of our yard this morning. We don't usually see them quite so young.

Clueless in Boston said...

Very pretty doe. I like your vertical with all the daisies in the foreground.

Lowell said...

Oh dear, we definitely are going to have to put Myakka River State Park on our "to do" list! These photos are so good - almost like paintings!