April 5, 2012

Aaah....Jacaranda!

SDP  4-5-12





























The SDP staff received a request for a jacaranda post from our favorite Miamian turned (temporary) Texan.  How could we deny such a request?  Voila!  I don't know if it's due to the unusually warm weather, but this year the jacaranda flowers seem to be blooming early. 

SDP  4-5-12b
Typically, I see jacaranda trees in their  full spectacular lavender bloom in mid-May.  But, already, I've spotted trees that are one-third in bloom or one-fourth etc. Nevertheless, what's in bloom is gorgeous.  Spring has definitely arrived in Sarasota when the pendulous blooms of the jacaranda tree arrive.  Perhaps there will be a second round of  blooms next month!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

And these jacaranda blossoms are a sight for sore eyes for this Texan who remembers them from her days as a Zonie!

cieldequimper said...

I don't think I've seen this before, it looks a bit like some of our bellflowers (campanulas) but hey is this a bush or a small tree? Beautiful!

Lowell said...

Love jacaranda. In south Florida I played golf at the Jacaranda Golf Club so named because of all the beautiful jacaranda trees gracing it's fairways!

We are: clamco said...

I've never heard of it, but it sure is beautiful!

Jack said...

Beautiful, SRQ. Absolutely beautiful.

Jenny Woolf said...

Even though I'm only seeing this on a computer I can imagine the effect on the eyes in real life. I adore jacaranda. I wish they grew in England. I wouldn't get tired of them.

Ali - Scituate Daily Photo said...

These are simply gorgeous!